So you buy a nice Android Phone with your hard earned money and power it on for the first time. You are welcomed by several pre-installed bloatware apps that you have absolutely no use of. These apps are mostly music streaming apps, shopping apps of the website you bought the phone from or stupid games that you will never play. There can also be apps that are part of Android OS like the apps by Google or apps that the manufacturer added to it’s Android ROM. These apps are mostly installed because the app owners have brokered a deal with the manufacturer to include them in the phones as pre-installed System apps. So you decide you don’t want them to clutter up the phone and take up valuable space and decide to Remove Bloatware On Android once and for all.
These bloatware apps, or “system apps”, are hard-coded into the software, and you are supposed to live with it for the rest of our lives. But that’s not stopping us from getting rid of them. In this post, we are going to teach you how to Remove Bloatware On Android With And Without Root Access. Read on to know more.
Check this out if you got the time – Top Torrent Sites 2016
How To Remove Bloatware On Android Without Root Access
Not everyone is tech-savvy enough to root their precious Android devices. Everyone got their own reasons for not rooting their devices. Some are afraid of losing their treasured data; some are afraid they might screw things up and lose their Android device forever. Whatever reason you got, I am not here to brainwash you to root your Android device; I am here to tell you how you can Remove Bloatware From Your Android Device Without having to Root your phone.
Below are two methods to get rid of Bloatware On Your Android Without Root Access. I use the word “get rid of” here because both these methods don’t technically remove the Bloatware On Your Android Smart Phone, but just disables them.
Method #1 – Disable
As I mentioned earlier, this doesn’t exactly Remove System Apps from Android, but only disables them. This means that they can’t suck up the useful RAM from your device, which in turn means more battery life and faster performance. But this also means that you would not see any change in your device’s storage levels after doing this. You won’t see them in your app drawer anymore; that’s better right?
Steps To Remove Bloatware On Android Without Root Access
- Start by going to the Settings App of your phone.
- Go to the APPS submenu
- Select ALL tab
- Now find and select the system app you wish to get rid of.
- Click on Disable.
- A warning message should come. Ignore that and click YES.
- Voila! You did it.
This might not work on those apps that are essential for your phone, but then again you don’t need to get rid of those.
Method #2 – Debloater
Debloater is a PC program created by XDA Developer gatesjunior that helps Android users to Remove Bloatware Apps On Android Phones Without Root.
Visit the Official XDA Thread for more info and downloading the tool. This tool works flawlessly on any Android smartphone running on KitKat or above. For older versions, root access is required.
Steps To Remove System Apps On Android Smart Phones Without Root Access
- Download and Install Debloater tool on your PC. Installation is just like any other software.
- The program requires ADB drivers to be installed. Get them from here if you don’t have them already.
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Turn ON USB debugging On your device under the “Developer Options”.
If you don’t see developer options in your settings, navigate to about phone under settings and tap the Build Number 5-6 times to activate the “Developer Options.”
- Wait for some time, and when the popup comes, confirm the RSA key fingerprint by pressing OK, checking the Always allow from this computer check box.
- Now open the debloater tool on your PC.
- Click On Read Device Packages Under Activity Status on Top left, to get a list of all the apps currently on the device.
- The app names would be like com.xxx.xxx and not the actual app name. However, there would be parts of the app name in it to help you identify the correct app. If you can’t, then go to playstore from a browser and check the URL of the app to get the apk file name.
- You can use the filter search box to correctly identify the Bloatware Apps To Remove From Android.
- Once you identify all the bloatware apps on your phone, check the corresponding checkboxes and click on apply.
- Voila! You have successfully got rid of bloatware on Android without root access.
You can now check your phone’s app drawer to make sure that they are in fact gone. If you somehow manage to block a wrong app, don’t worry, just select them again and choose the Unblock all packages option to get those apps back.
Keep in mind that don’t block apps that you have no knowledge of. It might be an app required by the phone.
Check this out too, it’s awesome – Best Free Seo Tools
How To Remove Bloatware On Android With Root Access
If you are a rooted Android user, then the case is totally different. You can completely Remove System Apps On Android if you have Root Access. Rooting itself is a fairly easy process, and it is always better if you are rooted. Rooting gives a user several privileges and more control over your Android device. The ability to completely remove Bloatware On Android Phones for free is considered as the biggest advantage of rooting your device. There are several free apps to accomplish this once you are rooted.
System App Remover
This app was one of the earliest apps to provide this functionality. With more than 5 Million Downloads and Counting, the app continues to be the most popular app for removing system apps from Android phones. The process is fast and works efficiently.
Steps To Bloatware On Android Smart Phones With Root Access
- First of all, install the app from playstore.
- Open the app and give Root access to the app.
- The app will now show you a list of all the apps installed on your phone.
- Select all the bloatware that you want to remove and click on the Uninstall option
- You have successfully uninstalled bloatware on Android Phone
- Swipe from the right and choose User App if yu would like to uninstall apps that you have installed in a single tap.
Some other features of the app are:
- You can move apps to the external SD card from the internal memory in bulk
- You can move apps to the internal memory from the external SD card in bulk
- You can delete apps in bulk with a single tap
- It’s completely free
Uninstalling System Apps is no Rocket Science, neither is it too easy, especially if you haven’t gotten around to rooting your phone yet. The methods we provided should let you get rid of those bloatware apps. Do comment if you run into any troubles.
Keep visiting PSnama 😛
- 1 How To Remove Bloatware On Android Without Root Access
- 2 How To Remove Bloatware On Android With Root Access