Fortnite is the living, action building survival game where you and your friends lead a group in order for survival in the battlefield which is for the main aim of reclaiming and rebuilding a homeland left empty by a mysterious darkness called “the Storm”. The game is all about excelling at crafting weapons, building fortified structures, exploring and scavenging items and fighting a massive number of monsters. If you are a movie fanatic check our list of free movie streaming sites.
Following are the system requirements for Fortnite:
- Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU.
- 2 GB VRAM.
- Core i5 2.8 GHz.
- 8 GB RAM.
- Windows 7/8/10 64 bit.
The minimum system requirements of Fortnite are:
- Intel HD 4000.
- Core i3 2.4 GHz.
- 4 GB RAM.
- Windows 7/8/10 64- bit.
Next given are the installation steps that you need to follow in order to install Fortnite on your Windows OS:
- First, you need to go to the “Epic Games” Website in order to download the game into your PC. Type Fortnite downloads on the tab so as to get to the proper link.
- Next, when you enter the website you will be asked in which kind of Operating System the files for the installation are to be downloaded. You get the options for Windows and Mac.
- Choose the Windows option. Now the files start being downloaded which may take a while.
- After the files have been downloaded, click on it to open it. If the security verification tab comes up, click on Run for going on with the process.
- Now the installation starts. The windows installer dialogue box comes up. Next, you will be asked for the location folder where the files will be stored. It will also check to see if you are okay with the changes that you might see due to the installation of the game. After selecting the “Yes” option, the installation of the Epic Games Launcher starts on your PC.
- You might also receive a Windows Firewall notification which might give you some warnings. You just have to click on “Allow Access” in order to start the game on your system smoothly.
- Next updates for the Epic games are downloaded.
- This may also take a while.
- Then you have a User Account Control dialogue box popping up. It again confirms the changes that the app might make to your device.
- Click on “Yes” and the prerequisites start getting installed.
- After all these installation procedures are complete, you get the Epic games icon on your desktop.
- Double click on this icon to launch it. Firstly you would be given the option of signing in with Google or Facebook or log I to your account if you already have one.
Now you are all set to play Fortnite on windows.
However, sometimes you might face some issues whereby you are unable to install the game as it is unsupported by the OS. Here are some fixes which you might try in order to have the game on your PC:
- Update your PC Hardware:
First of all, you need to be sure that your system has all the minimum requirements for the installation of the game. If not, then update your PC hardware. Replacing your RAM by a 64-bit one might be the solution. Or you can change your hard drive followed by the reinstallation of the Windows OS.
You should keep in mind to create a backup of your important files to restore them after updating your Windows PC.
- Buy a 64 -bit PC:
It is always good to have a dedicated gaming PC with 64- bit partition. This is because some of the PCs are not designed to handle any heavy gaming applications like Fortnite.
- Use a PC Emulator:
You also have the option to use PC Emulator on your PC to play the game on your desktop. However, there is always a chance that the emulator might not work with your PC due to lack of compatibility with the configuration in your system. Here are some of the Emulators that might help you to run Fortnite on your computer with a lot of ease:
- Install 64- bit partition on your device:
You can go for this step when all the above steps are not proving to be helpful. However, this method has a limit as the upgrade path allows moving a qualifying version to its similar edition on the software. So, the best way to upgrade is to wipe off the installation and reconfigure the settings by installing the new 64- bit version on your system.
Follow the given steps to install 64- bit partition on your device:
- Check the PC compatibility:
First, you need to verify if your PC is compatible or the installation of the 64- bit version. You can easily check this by going to the settings menu. Then click on System. Next select About option. This will show you a tab where you can see two distinct information. If it displays a 32 -bit operating system, X64 based processor, your device is compatible with the installation. But if it is 32- bit OS, X84 based processor the device is then not compatible.
- Check the compatibility of the drivers:
If you are using an old PC, make sure to check the version of your drivers and update it if required.
- Backup your PC:
You need to back up your system before introducing a significant change in the configuration.
- Install a fresh copy of Windows 10:
As Microsoft does not allow the direct path from 32- bit to 64- bit, you need to install freshly Windows 10 in your system.