Blogging, the trendiest thing on Internet right now after Pokemon Go :p.
Well if you are among those who wish to kick off their blogging journey, Then be free from doubt, as you have landed on the unambiguously ideal web page. If you would like to start a blog, then you are better off starting it on WordPress CMS rather than using free alternatives. With WordPress, you are in complete control of your blog, and several WordPress plugins will help you rank better.
With the above being said, We will be continuing our guide on ” How can you start your WordPress Blog in less than 60 minutes? ”
The pre-requisite for a WordPress blog is a registered domain name along with a good web-host to power your website.
After you successfully buy a domain, you need to link it with a web hosting. Now, there are hundreds of web hosts available on the internet, and we have used several of them in our blogging journey. As a result of our research, we concluded that Bluehost.In was the best one, regarding both pricing and features.
Bluehost is a leading provider of cloud-based platform solutions to help small and medium-sized businesses succeed online. Currently powering over 2 million websites worldwide, this hosting giant has now launched in India.
Bluehost provides great hosting deals time to time so that you can grab the web hosting for your website for a low price. They also got awesome support staffs who are always ready to help its valuable customers.
After you successfully buy the Webhosting, you can follow this guide and build a WordPress website in less than 60 minutes. Period
Quick Start your website by the following the below-given steps-
- After you have successfully bought the hosting, You will receive an e-receipt in your inbox along with the package details of your web hosting.
- Copy the nameserver detail from the mail and change your domain’s existing nameservers with the copied ones, by going into the nameserver settings in your domain registrar’s website
- The link to manage your site, and Other relevant details such as FTP details will also be present in the same mail, Open the cPanel from the link given in mail and log in with the details provided.
- Head over to Softaculous Apps Installer, and select WordPress from the list of scripts.
- After selecting WordPress, Click on Install now
- After clicking on Install now, Its the time to fill some information regarding your website, Add a site name, description, Set a username and password for accessing your site and click on install.
- Hell Yeah! WordPress will be successfully installed after you click on install and your WordPress website will be up and running.
So this was our tutorial on creating WordPress under 60 minutes with Bluehost.
Now This is a small list of TOP WordPress FREE plugins which you must install on your new WordPress site –
- Yoast SEO – For Regulating On Page and Off page SEO.
- W3 Total Cache – For increasing speed and decreasing load time.
- Eww Image Optimizer – For compressing images.
- WP-Optimize – For optimizing WordPress Database to decrease server load.
- SumoMe – Complete set of must-have marketing tools.
- Jetpack – All in one WordPress plugin.
- Akismet – To Prevent Spam on your website via comments.
- Imsanity – For resizing images for devices with lower resolution.
- Merge + Minify + Refresh – For Compressing CSS and JS
- Ultimate Nofollow – For giving external NoFollow links.
- Use Google Libraries – For increasing site speed by loading libraries on google ajax servers.
#Pro Tip – Dont forget to use CDN as it increases speed by a great margin and also helps in reducing server stress by a great extent. Also read this guide to increase your website speed.
End Of The Line –
This is how you setup a brand new WordPress website within 60 minutes. We have also listed some of the methods to power up your website.
Don’t forget to share with your FRIENDS <3, Let them know that you do care